Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just tired tonight...

It is that irony which all parents are probably familiar with: what have I accomplished today? Well, I put out a load of laundry. That's about it, really. I read three toddler books in excruciating detail. I made an omlette which Evie refused to eat. I made lasagna which Evie refused to eat. I got tired of cooking and reheated some fish from the other day, and Evie refused to eat that as well. So I gave her bread and water and put her to bed. For an hour and a half.

My other major achievement for the day was to miss the appointment to see a house that I was really hoping would be the right one for us. Evie was having such a good time at the park I didn't want to leave until the very last moment. Then, at the said very last moment, she fell off a head-height platform and cried for the fifteen minutes that I had allocated to drive to the house. She wasn't hurt, just scared, and I suppose I could have put her in the car and gone anyway - but that's the stuff of motherhood. After the grapes and the cuddles and the comforting I got to the house and it was closed.

Then when I got home I found a letter from the bank saying that my credit card payment was late. A check of my email showed that a reference I promised to write for an ex-resident of mine is now overdue.

Just one thing after another. Well, at least I got a load of laundry done. That's one thing better than yesterday...

1 comment:

  1. I promise you that when you look back on this time you will cherish memories of reading to your little girl, trips to the park, and comforting after tumbles. Fingerprints on mirrors and crumbs on the floor will not matter.

    Once upon a time I had a 3 yr old and newborn. I thought it was a pretty successful day if everyone got fed and cuddled! Thank goodness they slept sometimes or I wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING done!

    It feels like time is standing still at the time, but these little ones do grow up all too quickly. My 'babies' will both be in university next year!

    ReplyDelete